The vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to be nationally recognized in Implanting mechanical engineering education, leading to competent engineers who are skilled as industry ready and fit for further studies.
To educate, motivate and prepare the students to acquire the fundamental and technical skills in Mechanical Engineering field through teaching learning process.
To enhance the student industry interaction.
To develop leadership qualities, interpersonal communication and inculcating ethics, and attitude of lifelong learning.
PEO.1: A commitment to continue education and technical competency in solving engineering problems, consistent with the ethics of the profession, and serving for local and national needs.
PEO.2: Identify and analyze the problem using updated tools.
PEO.3: Pursue professionalism through effective communication skill, team spirit, leadership quality and get involved in life-long learning to realize career and organizational goal and participate in nation building.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
1. Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO.1: Ability to analyze physical systems, components, and process by meeting the constraints such as safety, public health and environment.
PSO.2: An ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
PSO.3: An ability to communicate effectively and professionally through oral, written and graphical media.
“Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It’s coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering as well as final assembly”
NAME OF THE LAB
NAME OF THE EQUIPMENTS
|3RD SEMESTER||THERMAL ENGINEERING-I LAB||
|ADVANCED STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB||
|MANUFACTURING PROCESS -I LAB||
|MATERIAL TESTING LAB||
|4TH SEMESTER||THEORY OF MACHINE LAB||
|MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB -II||
|THERMAL ENGINEERING LAB -II||
|5TH SEMESTER||FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERIES||
|POWER ENGINEERING LAB||
|POWER PLANT ENGINEERING LAB||
|ADVANCE MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB||
|AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING LAB||
|6TH SEMESTER||FLUID POWER||
|REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (ELECTIVE-II)||
Bagbandi Road, Near Radhyaswami Satsang, Kalipahari More
District : Paschim Bardhaman
State : West Bengal
Pin Code: 713339
(+91) 8001500263 (For Admissions)
Landline No.: 0341 6610 300/305